The 2021 Toorak Village Sculpture Exhibition is on 1 May to 13th June 2021
The Toorak Village Sculpture Exhibition is the most innovative and important annual event to take place in the Toorak Village, where we link the arts with business to form a unique cultural experience. During the entire month of May and first 2 weeks of June, we exhibit contemporary sculptural works in the shop windows and on the sidewalks of Toorak Road.
2021 will be the 20th year of the exhibition where Australian artists will display their sculptures in Toorak Village shop windows, arcades and along the sidewalks of Toorak Road. These will compliment the 10 permanent sculptures purchased by the Toorak Village businesses from previous shows. Presented by the Toorak Village Traders, directed by Tony Fialides and supported by our partners.
We invite you to visit our Toorak Village in May and June each year to view the sculptures, enjoy the great shopping and take advantage of the warm hospitality of our traders. This is a free event and catalogues will be available from any of the shops. All sculptures will be for sale and easily purchased from Blooms the Chemist, 459 Toorak Road, right at the pedestrian lights.
The 2021 Sculpture Awards judged by Adrain Spurr and Mariella del Conte (co-founders of Big Sculpture) were announced on Friday 30th April with 4 awards going to:
- Toorak Village Traders Award – $8,000 went to Pattie Beerens for My at Home, No 47 displayed at A & G Optique 1
- Toorak Village Traders Award – $2,000 went to Lucy McEachern for Baby Magpie, No 26 displayed at Christensen Copenhagen
- Meridian Foundry Bronze Casting Award – $1,500 went to Ilona Herreiner for Time to Fly, No 74 displayed at Toorak Village Podiatry
Judges Encouragement Award – $1,000 went to Christopher Plumridge for Earth Pill Cartouche, No 14 displayed at K1 Dental
Special commendations went to:
- Alistair Roberts for Freud, No 84 displayed at Toorak Prestige Barber
- Andre Sardone for Catch me if you can, No 73 displayed at Roubens Specialty Coffee